As a clinical social worker and registered play therapist for almost twenty years, I work primarily with children ages 3-10 and their families. My approach incorporates Child Centered Play Therapy, solution-focused and cognitive behavior therapy techniques to strengthen coping skills for social, emotional, or behavioral challenges. Working with clients and their families to help them function more peacefully and effectively takes close collaboration, humor, humility, and an open mind. As needed, I consult with doctors, teachers, diagnosticians, and, of course, parents in creating a treatment plan and throughout the time that a client sees me. Though I bring experience, knowledge, and training to my work, I deeply respect that clients know what is best for themselves.
After consulting with the Missouri Department of Health COVID-19 hotline, we are currently working with all clients using Telehealth services (connecting with clients using HIPAA compliant computer or phone apps) instead of in our office.
These are some of the services we can offer, (insurance rates will apply, including Medicaid rates):
*Family therapy to cope with the highs and lows of family life at home
*Individual talk therapy
*Theraplay for caregivers and all children in the house (we love this form of play therapy because it doesn’t involve toys, is attachment based, and is fun for everyone who likes to sing, move, feel connected, and be challenged in games)
*Supportive counseling for children (we would love to see your pets, your house, and what you are doing, and hear about whatever you want to tell us) to maintain routine and connection
*Coping strategies for parents and kids
*Connecting to community resources
*We can offer our teletherapy services by a regular length session (45 minutes) or dividing into two 25 minute sessions per week to best benefit your family and children.
The areas in which I have particular expertise include:
• Child Centered Play Therapy (CCPT), an evidence-based mental health intervention for general functioning and well-being of children, anxiety disorders and symptoms, and disruptive disorders and behaviors. CCPT was included by the National Registry of Evidence-Based Practices (NREPP), an initiative of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) as an effective treatment supported by rigorous research.
. Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) trained
. Level One Theraplay trained (evidence-based child and family therapy for attachment, trust, self-esteem)
• Play Therapy as a way to work with clients for whom traditional talk therapy is not a fit (such as adult clients with developmental disabilities or children and adolescents who like expressive arts activities)
• Depression/anxiety/emotional regulation
• Life transitions ( examples: preschool to kindergarten, moving, new babies in families, switching jobs, transitioning to adulthood)
• Grief, death, serious illness, trauma
• School issues (including IEPs and special education)
• Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE)
• Family relationships
• Disabilities and special needs (including autism spectrum disorders and Asperger’s Syndrome)
• Caregiver, parent, mental health professional, or teacher stress, self-care, and burn-out
• Case management services to navigate local, state, and federal resources for complex educational, disability, or medical needs
Contact me: (314) 991-9058 or email@example.com
1121 Olivette Executive Parkway. Suite 205. St. Louis, MO. 63132
Insurances Accepted: United HealthCare, Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Cigna, Magellan, Aetna, Healthlink, Coventry, ComPsych, Medicaid (including Home State and Missouri Care), E4 Health and Lifescope EAP, Intermountain Healthcare EAP