As clinical social workers (Lee and Molly) and a play therapist (Lee) with over 40 years of combined work experience, we work primarily with children ages 3-10 (Lee), children and teens age 7 and up (Molly) and their families. Our approach incorporates Child Centered Play Therapy, Theraplay, solution-focused and cognitive behavior therapy techniques to strengthen coping skills for social, emotional, or behavioral challenges. Working with clients and their families to help them function more peacefully and effectively takes close collaboration, humor, humility, and an open mind. As needed, we consult with doctors, teachers, diagnosticians, and, of course, parents in creating a treatment plan and throughout the time that a client sees us. Though we bring experience, knowledge, and training to our work, we deeply respect that clients are the experts in their own lives.
****COVID-19 UPDATE February 28, 2022***
We are continuing to wear masks in the office in compliance with the St. Louis County mask advisory for indoor spaces. Because we work with so many children under five and people who are immunocompromised or vulnerable to Covid because of their health, we will continue to wear masks for the near future.
In partnering together, we need your help:
If you, your child, or anyone in your household has a fever, cough, headache, or runny nose (including allergy symptoms), or has been recently exposed to someone with COVID-19, we ask that you stay at home.
We are restricting the waiting rooms to parent, guardian, or caregiver, and child only. Please do not come earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment.
Thank you so much for allowing us to serve your family.
Lee and Molly
The areas in which we have particular expertise includes:
• Child Centered Play Therapy (CCPT), an evidence-based mental health intervention for general functioning and well-being of children, anxiety disorders and symptoms, and disruptive disorders and behaviors. CCPT was included by the National Registry of Evidence-Based Practices (NREPP), an initiative of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) as an effective treatment supported by rigorous research.
. Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) trained (Lee and Molly)
. Level One Theraplay trained (evidence-based child and family therapy for attachment, trust, self-esteem, Lee and Molly)
• Play Therapy as a way to work with clients for whom traditional talk therapy is not a fit (such as adult clients with developmental disabilities or children and adolescents who like expressive arts activities)
• Depression/anxiety/emotional regulation (SPACE Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions, parent-based therapy for anxiety to work with their children, Lee trained only )
• Life transitions ( examples: preschool to kindergarten, moving, new babies in families, switching jobs, transitioning to adulthood)
• Grief, death, serious illness, trauma
• School issues (including IEPs and special education)
• Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE)
• Family relationships
• Disabilities and special needs (including autism spectrum disorders and Asperger’s Syndrome)
• Caregiver, parent, mental health professional, or teacher stress, self-care, and burn-out
• Case management services to navigate local, state, and federal resources for complex educational, disability, or medical needs
Contact us: (314) 991-9058 x1 for Lee x2 for Molly, or email@example.com (Lee) firstname.lastname@example.org (Molly)
1121 Olivette Executive Parkway. Suite 205. St. Louis, MO. 63132
Insurances Accepted: United HealthCare, Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Cigna, Aetna, Medicare, and others