As a clinical social worker and registered play therapist for almost twenty years, I work primarily with children ages 3-10 and their families. My approach incorporates Child Centered Play Therapy, Theraplay, solution-focused and cognitive behavior therapy techniques to strengthen coping skills for social, emotional, or behavioral challenges. Working with clients and their families to help them function more peacefully and effectively takes close collaboration, humor, humility, and an open mind. As needed, I consult with doctors, teachers, diagnosticians, and, of course, parents in creating a treatment plan and throughout the time that a client sees me. Though I bring experience, knowledge, and training to my work, I deeply respect that clients are the experts in their own lives.
We are overjoyed to say that we’ve been vaccinated! Starting the week of March 8, 2021, Molly and I will work in two-week cycles so that we will not be housed in the office at the same time. On alternating weeks that we are not in the office, we will use Telehealth services. Only one family will be in the waiting room at a time. Our toys and surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected after each visit. We will wear masks in compliance with St. Louis County guidelines and ask that all children and family members also wear masks so that we can minimize risks to everyone. For anyone interested, we will continue to work exclusively through Telehealth.
The areas in which I have particular expertise include:
• Child Centered Play Therapy (CCPT), an evidence-based mental health intervention for general functioning and well-being of children, anxiety disorders and symptoms, and disruptive disorders and behaviors. CCPT was included by the National Registry of Evidence-Based Practices (NREPP), an initiative of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) as an effective treatment supported by rigorous research.
. Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) trained
. Level One Theraplay trained (evidence-based child and family therapy for attachment, trust, self-esteem)
• Play Therapy as a way to work with clients for whom traditional talk therapy is not a fit (such as adult clients with developmental disabilities or children and adolescents who like expressive arts activities)
• Depression/anxiety/emotional regulation
• Life transitions ( examples: preschool to kindergarten, moving, new babies in families, switching jobs, transitioning to adulthood)
• Grief, death, serious illness, trauma
• School issues (including IEPs and special education)
• Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE)
• Family relationships
• Disabilities and special needs (including autism spectrum disorders and Asperger’s Syndrome)
• Caregiver, parent, mental health professional, or teacher stress, self-care, and burn-out
• Case management services to navigate local, state, and federal resources for complex educational, disability, or medical needs
Contact me: (314) 991-9058 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1121 Olivette Executive Parkway. Suite 205. St. Louis, MO. 63132
Insurances Accepted: United HealthCare, Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Cigna, Magellan, Aetna, Healthlink, Coventry, ComPsych, Medicaid (including Home State, United Community Care, and Missouri Care), E4 Health and Lifescope EAP, Intermountain Healthcare EAP